Sunday, September 1, 2013

Graduating


Well under much worry and anticipation I went in for my final review and despite my fears actually did well. I never used to think of myself as a modeler but the more I do it, that satisfaction of seeing an idea that you have drawn for years suddenly look like a physical, tangible creature just gets more addictive. These are still technically a WIP, and I look forward to taking the character model into Max and really adding some nice lighting and textures and backgrounds along with using the transpose modifier to pose him into a more natural stance.
The telescope I got a lot of help on the texturing, but I was off to a good start. The modeling is all me, and it was tedious yet somehow addictive and therapeutic to do. 
My site still needs work, it was incredibly frustrating and the source of pretty much all of my stress that night before the review, I just couldn't work fast enough to get every feature working and the huge amount of images didn't help, but the despite the site issues it didn't make me look any worse than anyone else, it was just typical student errors. I was so relieved after the review, and incredibly exhausted, I felt kind of bad leaving before everyone else was done but I was just so tired from the night before plus driving in 100+ degree heat without AC just drains you. Here are the projects as they are, and my site is still under construction so please forgive the inactive links and oversized images:
jordan-burke.com










No comments:

Post a Comment