Friday, November 1, 2013

Directions

I have decided that during my time over in Dallas that I should return to interning at Green Grass Studios, I left thinking that my schedule would not allow time for an unpaid position. I found that I gained a lot from simply working near the team and that working at the school which is next door, was not as productive. Thankfully Bryan Engram was nice enough to allow me back in to work on my portfolio, and I am glad to be on hand in case a visual development or 2d animation position opens up.

On that note, I got a few great notes from my instructors and a close friend who is a concept artist, and I realized I have a bit of an identity issue when it comes to my portfolio, and that is the last thing I want. I know that as of now, my modeling portfolio cannot really stand on its own, so multiple portfolios is not really a great plan. I worry that employers may be turned off by vague representations of what I do, so I changed the ttile to "Visual Development" rather than just "design."
I have decided that since my experience and strengths lay in visual development and 2d animation( I can be good at 3d, I am just not confident with Maya) I will simply hone those skills further over the next two months then move on to modeling projects. I have been working with a friend to strengthen my painting skills through daily 30 minute speed paints, of which I will post later because I just hate how they look. As of now I did a few sketches and a Halloween drawing. Notes are always welcome!

Some sketches, I feel maybe I should finally buckle down and push further into mechanical designs.

Some skull studies I did at GreenGrass. They are far stronger in my opinion than some I did a while ago.




This is actually a cartoon of my girlfriend with a case of lycanthrophy...

Hope everyone had a great Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment